Deadline: 30 July 2019
Study in: Australia
The Australian Alumni International Scholarship recognises a connection international students have to Australian study. It is open to students from all nationalities who have previously completed an education program in Australia. The scholarship offers a 20% (percent) reduction in tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU.
Edith Cowan University, Australia
Level/Field(s) of study:
At a glance
- The scholarships are only open to:
- prospective students seeking to study an ECU undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree; and
- current ECU international students intending to commence a new course of study after completing their current course (bachelor to master, for example)
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance of up to 20% (percent) of their ECU tuition fees for the duration of the ECU component of their study.
- Whilst ECU continues to offer this scholarship all eligible applicants will be awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants can package with ELICOS.
- This scholarship is open to individuals who are prospective and current ECU students.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- have completed one of the following courses in Australia at time of application:
- Recognised English course (minimum 10 weeks)
- Study Abroad program
- University Foundation program
- Secondary Schooling
- Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate degree at any VET provider
- Undergraduate degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Master degree; or
- Off-shore AQF award
- Completed 6 months at an Australian University
- be commencing study at ECU in 2019, 2020 or 2021;
- meet ECU’s academic direct admission requirements for the course of your choice;
- not be in receipt of another scholarship or sponsorship;
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- intend to study an undergraduate degree or postgraduate coursework degree; and
- intend to study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury).
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship the following ongoing conditions apply:
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment of 60 credit points each semester or study period, unless otherwise approved ECU.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship covers a maximum of 20% off the duration of the course
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course the date specified.
- The scholarship cannot be retained if a recipient defers their studies for more than one semester.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so may (in ECU’s absolute discretion) negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
How to apply
How to apply for this scholarship
If we approve your ECU course application you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
Please note that if you’re a citizen of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh or Nigeria you must apply though an ECU Authorised Agent.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer;
- have met the admission requirements for your chosen course;
- accept your Letter of Offer following the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and Overseas Student Health Cover requested in your Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines for completing any requirements in the Letter of Offer.